HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, May 23, 2008

While We Are On The Subject -- More News From The Pros At Helmet Hut

The gang at Helmet Hut are impressively fastidious on keeping me up to the minute on my "Bart Starr" helmet renovation. I got home late from Kim's retirement banquet (more on that later) to find this JPG in an attachment from them with the following note:

"Just giving you a photo of the helmet in the paint booth. Looks like the first paint series went real well with about 8 very thin coats of paint. Yellow is a very translucent color so we want to make sure we get that deep yellow look. Real happy with this piece. Talk soon."

Helmet Hut

EIGHT THIN COATS??? Is that impressive or what? Every time they send me a picture it takes my breath away! I think I better go out to Scheels and buy one of those UV protection glass cases to house this piece of art when it gets back here.

Now my pipe dream is that some day Bart will come to the area to speak and I can get him to autograph it.

___________________________________________________________

No comments: