HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, May 23, 2008

How To Fight Summer's Skeeters - Cheaply


T'is the season when tiresome mosquitos can make any outdoor activity a living hell. And they aren't just itch-causing little bastards anymore. They can carry West Nile Virus which will make you go "seepy-now".
But it has come to light that there is a really inexpensive way to keep the little blood suckin', disease spreadin' miscreants looking for another picnic. It's cheap and it's handy and in big supply even at Wally mart -- it's LISTERINE.

Here's what some have testified:

I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well.. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it.....Pass it on.

OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS: I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house.

Sounds like it's worth a try to me! I always hated using mosquito dope that contained DEET when I played guitar outdoors in summer because the crud in DEET eats right through the guitar's finish.

Hell, maybe Listerine does, too, but it's worth a try. And not only that, it will clean up my bad breath when I get nervous before a show.

THE ONLY GOOD SKEETER IS A DEAD SKEETER.

No comments: