HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, May 23, 2008

Finally Some Movement From Constipated Hitachi - Still Need More Metamucil

After fighting with Hitachi for nearly 6 months and five visits from repair, they finally agreed to a cash settlement in mid-April. I figured that finally we would be well rid of this company and their incredibly poor customer relations.

Shows what I know. Here it is, turning the corner on the end of the month of May and the damn set is still sitting by the front door waiting to be picked up.

Ah, but yesterday came a glimmer of hope with the arrival of the Fed Ex truck driver, over night letter in hand. The letter inside came from the California office and reads:

Dear Larry Heagle:

It has been agreed that Hitachi America, Ltd., Home Electronics Division will buy back your Hitachi Television, Model 37HDL52A, Serial MX6D002256 for $1609.99.

In order to proceed with this transaction, please sign the enclosed Release of All Claims form. Once the form has been completed, please fax a copy to me at (619) 591-5351. In addition, Hitachi Customer Service will contact you with the telephone number for the Transportation Company, so arrangements can be made for the pick up of the defective unit. Upon receipt of the completed forms and confirmation that the unit has been picked up, I will arrange to process your refund check for $1609.99.

Please allow 2-3 weeks from the date the unit was picked up, for this transaction to be finalized. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hestitate to contact me directly at 1-800-981-2588 ext 5607.

My Best regards,

Jaime Perry supervisor, Call Center Operations

So I immediately signed the damn form and faxed it out yesterday. Do you think I heard from Hitachi today with the telephone number of the transportation company? Dream on!

In fact, I am going to call customer service and rattle their cage again right now!

The answer I was just given, and one that I somehow expected at this point, is that they don't really know what telephone number I am to call because they don't know the w's -- who, what, when.

Which leads to the million dollar question. How in the hell do companies like this stay in business when the left hand doesn't even know the right hand has a finger up its ass?

As Kim told me last night. Might as well just forget it and go about your business. Yeh, right. Only every time I open the front door to the house the damn thing is staring at me as I come through the door.

So I will say it once again. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING MADE BY HITACHI!! If it fails, you are royally screwed!

No comments: