HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Looks Like I Will Never Be a Reporter For The New York Times

Yesterday's blog about my "new found respect for Ronnie Reagan" blew up in my face over night. On one hand, I am somewhat embarrassed for not having done what any "real" reporter would do, and that is check my source (and to think I taught junior high journalism way back in the day), but on the other hand, I can go back to remembering Ronnie for the dufus that he was.

-- and no, I am not going to check my sources on that statement since it is only my opinion!

Here's what got the fuse lit last night. I got the following e mail from Marc (no last name) :

You have a quote from the ronald reagan diaries:

http://travelins.blogspot.com/2008/05/today-i-have-new-respect-for-ronnie.html

The only thing is that it isnt an actual quote from the diaries. Rather, it is a made up quote from a satirical article by Michael Kinsley:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/kinsley.asp

By the way, love that pound cake recipe! :-)

Thanks,
Marc



I immediately liked the guy because he can actually use the word satirical correctly in a sentence. So I clicked on the above URL -- and you should, also --

As for me, I am still considering spreading this tidbit as the truth -- in a kind of a WWKRD* move. The truth or the lack of it hasn't bothered the Bush administration in years!

Still, my thanks go out to Marc and I can only hope that he is sincere in his comment on Matt's pound cake! This coming week, in my throes of unemployment, I shall take my "piggy bank" -- it's actually a spaghetti sauce jar -- to the change machine at my bank and see if I have enough money to buy the ingredients to bake that self same pound cake.

Watch for pictures on the blog!

Today Kim and I are trekking up to spend a little early Mother's Day time with Kim's mom, Joy. I say a "little time" because Joy is in the hospital with pneumonia. This has not been a good year for the Wilsons.

___________________________________________________________________
*What Would Karl Rove Do?"

No comments: