HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, May 12, 2008

Sylvia's Pound Cake

Recently my good pal Matt sent me a recipe for pound cake called "Sylvia's Pound Cake".

Last night, after letting all the ingredients come to room temperature by taking a long nap, I whipped one up. All the while I was working on it, a little voice in the back of my brain, (probably the hyper-tension voice) kept asking "Where's the salt in this recipe?" Unsalted butter? No salt called for whatsoever.

Well, as you can see from the photo, it came out beautifully. I let it cool for a couple of hours and had a sample late night slice last night. It is good -- but to my way of thinking, it is way too sweet! I need to run out and get some fresh strawberries to balance that sweetness.

____________________________________________________________

No comments: