HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Second Songwriters Night At Jake's Leads To Talk of More

Wednesday, October 3 not only marked Gordy Bischoff's 41st birthday but it also heralded the second "songwriters night" at Jake's Supper Club out on Highway D, just off Highway 25 North, North of my original stompin' grounds, Menomonie.

I took this first picture and the reason for the laughing is I told them I would be putting this photo up on my blog today and they laughed. So who's laughing now?


The first songwriters night was this past summer and it featured Robert "one Man" Johnson, Mike Quick and yours truly.

This time, Robert was replaced by Mike Jerling of upstate New York. I hadn't seen Mike perform in many years and being able to sit right next to him and listen to his great lyrics and tasty guitar and mandolin was a great treat for me.
Jerling did one piece that I really loved, playing mandolin and singing about the passing of Henry. Through Mike's art of story telling, we learned much af the life of the man, including the fact that he had fought in WWII as a young marine and was the last survivor in a photo of his buddies.

All in all, it was a good evening, but I must admit that I am very sore all over today. Way out of shape!! And now today is another busy one as I am leaving for Minneapolis to pick up my brother this afternoon.

I almost forgot! A special thanks to Jeff and Patty for all the roadie help last night. I hope to run into them next Fall when I get Ms. Wilson manuevering a houseboat on the Mississippi.

Yipes! Just looked at the clock and if I don't get to returning kitty litter, mailing an entry into a songwriting contest, and leaving dry cleaning, I will never get out of town in time to pick him up on time.

I'm going to enjoy the day! The sun's out and the leaves are glorious~!


_________________________________________________________

No comments: