HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tiit Raid Out of ICU and Back on Seventh Floor In Good Spirits

I got up early for two reasons this morning; I had to report to the clinic for a blood draw and I wanted to get on the road as soon as possible and pay my friend Tiit Raid a second visit in Rochester, Minnesota.

Lately I have found it difficult to stay awake while drving and today was no exception, so I did the only thing that works, loaded myself down with cookies and lots of hot coffee and ate my way to the Mayo Clinic.

I am happy to report that today found Tiit back in a room on seventh floor and out of ICU where he had been for several days dealing with a racing pulse brought on by a build up of almost two gallons of fluid in the sacs around his lungs.

Apparently one or more of the drugs that they have been giving him have been causing some strange phenomena including hallucinations in which he seemed to be able to see air currents moving about his room and several times his bed seemed to levitate and travel.

He also "saw" caricature-like figures in his room that didn't speak to him, but stared at him from time to time.

That was the down side of the chemotherapy. The upside is that he has come through with little or no nausea and we both agreed that we would rather have hallucinations than nausea.

The testing of bone marrow comes early next week when they get the results of the work done thus far. While I was visiting with him he said we should take a "little walk". It was a most impressive covering of the ward!

I am continually amazed at his dedication and hard work, staying on task.

Say a little prayer for him when you retire for the evening. He is such a gift.


_______________________________________________________

No comments: