HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, October 29, 2007

Latest From Tiit In Rochester Disheartenng

I just received a very disheartenng e mail from Tiit Raid in Rochester's Mayo.

apparently until now, Tiit had not understood what the doctors were telling him. I don't really understand this! Here are excerpts:

"Had a new head doctor in this morning and he cleariy "layed-down-the-law" in terms of my condition.

I now realize that this is exactly what Dr. Santana tried to tell me about two weeks ago...except I was in a somewhat "messed-up" mental state due to the drugs and having just come out of a deep sleep...Ann was not there so I didn't hear clearily.

So here's the story...get ready...because this is kind of a new realization for me too...with the type of acute leukemia I am afflicted with I have 1 to 3 years on this planet. Well...I'm sorry...but this is NOT acceptable!!!
I guess Ann has realized it all along...but for some reason I didn't hear it...perhaps it was an unwillingnes to listen...but I don't think so...I just didn't make the connection...because I never have thought that the time I have was so short.

So what's next? First...I refuse to buy into the 1 to 3 year business...I'm going to be around here for a long time...I'm going to be in that 3.5% of my age group who make it! Again...this might be wishful thinking...but when I told the new head chief that his prediction was not accepable...he said that the "body tends to follow what the mind tells it"...I believe this to be he case. Now...it is time to put my belief in the power of the mind into action...I will add to my routine the visualization that I am completely healthy! Walking and running and playing golf and painting and all the rest in a healthy and strong body...one that will be better and stronger and healthier than it ever was.

I have a lot of things I want to do yet...and dying is not one of them."

I am wth Tiit on this one! He will outlive all of us.

In the meantime, we need to pray, send positive vibes, send cards, make telephone calls, and show him how much he is appreciated.

No comments: