HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bye Week Withdrawals Continue

Suffering through the Packers bye week, watching the Vikings/Cowboys or as I call them the "Queens" and "The Cowgirls" and admiring the masterpiece of marketing Terrill Owens really is. He just caught a touchdown pass and" acted like he's been there before" as the 1960's Packers used to phrase it.

So after being a complete asshole for how many years is it? Seems like 20, T.O., before your very eyes, is maturing. And taking his cue from T.O., Randy Moss is doing the same thing. Now we're supposed to love them both.

Hey. I'm Irish. I don't ever get over crud like that. Once an asshole, always an asshole, say I.

If you read this thing regularly, you are aware of my NFL jersey fetish. Pictured here is an Elijah Pitts jersey, a facsimile of the true style of jersey that was worn in the 1960's.

I own a Don Chandler (#34), made by this source and it is by far my most favorite jersey. It is a 60/40 combination of nylon and polyester.

I also have a Washington Redskin Billy Kilmer (#17) burgundy home jersey, and again, it is by far the best quality jersey I own.

Before I go further, you can find these on eBay through Harv Harvison at I_have_the_gift.

I know that Mitchell and Ness is the name everyone reveres, but I own a Bart Starr (#15) home jersey by Mitchell and Ness and I really don't think it is as good as these from Harv Harvison.

The only drawback I can find is that all the Packer jerseys are in (away) white, although I think the away unifroms are really cool, anyway.

Guess I better start saving up for an Elijah Pitts.

PS:

Still watching the game and I will have to begrudeonly admit that Troy Aikman is actually getting to be a pretty good color man.

________________________________________________

No comments: