HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, October 26, 2007

My friend Kurt Weber -- Mind Reader And Good Friend Gives Me An Automobile



One of my all time favorite people in the world is Kurt Weber. Kurt is a former student of mine from one hundred years ago when I was teaching at Delong Middle School in Eau Claire.

Kurt was always a boon to any class with his positive approach and wacky sense of humor. He was way ahead of his classmates in maturity and used to come down to my room after school and we would make each other laugh. It was a great way to finish a long work day.

After he left for his senior high school days I lost track of him.

Then years later, I bumped into him at Randall's while grocery shopping and we vowed to renew the friendship. Unfortunately, the job market took him to the Twin Cities, so I still don't see him nearly as much as I would like.

He did get some some gainful employment for me at pizza parties and they were a blast!

Then yesterday, I got this small package from Kurt containing a miniature of my new vehicle, the Scion Xb. What's really kinda spooky is that, collector that I am, I had been looking for this very miniature to add to my "computer top" collection of the desert lizard, the double O Green Bay Packer, and the bobble head beaver.

My thanks to Kurt for his mind-reading abilities. Now I can stop hanging around toy departments where young mothers give me that "you're-an-old-pervert" look!

_______________________________________________

No comments: