HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

One Of The Beauties of Autumn is The Office Maple

A true highlight of my recent trip to New York City to help my friend Tom Johnson move was a chance to be with both my sons together. Many times in the past they have taken time out of their busy lives to fly back to Wisconsin and spend some time with their old man, both not usually together as they are both so busy with so many different musical projects in addition to day jobs. (Actually David is currently free of "temping" as he is working on a musical score for an upcoming IMax feature.) It was a great evening!


I had to take a photo over the top of my computer and out the window so that you would get a perspective on how beautiful a picture I get to look up at from my computer this time of year -- no, no -- not the silly little bobble head Packer or his nervous little beaver friend -- the yellow maple that is just beginning to turn from green to magnificent gold. Every autumn I am stunned at the beauty of this one tree! What is sad is that almost as soon as it reaches it's peak, it suddenly drops all the leaves like a cheap stripper. Not that I would know about cheap strippers. I prefer to hang around with ninny bimbos.



I wish there were some way to make both the autmn and spring seasons last twice as long as they do. Both have so much to ofer the senses. Is therer a better scent than the earth re-emerging and unfreezing from under the winter's snow? Or the smell of downed autumn leaves as you shuffle through them, kicking them up in the air ever so slightly to increase the perfume?

Winter has its own beauty but it tends to overstay its welcome here in Wisconsin. The snow can go right after Christmas in my humble opinion.

__________________________________________________

No comments: