HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

One of Family Gathering's Highlights -- Brother Anson's "Top Ten"

I asked my younger brother, Anson, to send me the "Top Ten" list he read with great emotion at out family gathering this past weekend. By the time he finished there was not a dry eye in the room. He spoke eloquently to our hearts and his words vibrated in our souls as couples. so I say, thank you little brother!

Here's the "Top Ten Reasons Why I Think Diana and I Should Renew Our Marriage" (minus all the DRAMA!) :

10. We have always managed to be on the same side of the political fence. Adavntage: saves on arguments for more worthy topics.

9. Even though we have a combined total of over 100 theatrical productions where we either directed, constructed or costumed....we still enjoy seeing a professionally staged production together.

8. We still have a mortgage on the house, the car.....should I go on?

7. I have a person who keeps me organized and prompt (to a fault) and helps maintain our great credit rating for that consumer in me.

6. We still have a desire to keep working and be "useful"...but not necessarily with what or where we're at now

5. We still enjoy each other's companionship and know we can lean on each other for moral support. We try not to both be down at the same time

4. We know that we both have our own thing that gives us our own "space" or interest and do not begrudginly hold it against the other.

3. Diana has taught me to be more generous to those that matter most.

2. We still have family that we enjoy seeing and sharing time with.

1. We accept and love each other and know after 40 years the imperfections and faults we both have and so there really are no surprises anymore.

No comments: