HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Don't Like The Weather -- Wait Ten Minutes -- It'll change

Good old Wisconsin! We never know quite what the weather is going to be until we look out the window in the morning. Indian Summer was back today, making the Eau Claire vs Platteville football game a wonder to watch.

I had talked to Wil by phone earlier in the week and wanted to do a good od fashioned tailgate party before the game, so I pulled into the Carson Park lot about 11:05 and found that I nearly had the entire lot to myself. I even took some photos of the day but for some reason, Blogger won't let me post them today. Perhaps at a later date.

I had done my grocery shopping at Festival Foods, a store that i don't ordinarily frequent, but I found their Oktoberfest brats to be some of the best I have encountered this season.

I had also iced down some bottled water and some cokes -- going non-alcoholic gets easier as you get older. At least that's my experience.

Wil, his wife Judy, and her brother Jimmy, joined me and my pal Tom Wieseler for the brats and still had plenty of time to make our seats before opening kickoff.

The game was full of offense today, which make for a fun game to watch and the Blugolds won this one 40 - 33. Their secondary played really well and they picked off a number of ill thrown Pltteville passes throughout the course of the contest.

I stopped along Half Moon Lake to get some late afternoon autumn pictures. They turned out well. I will publish them when my computer decides it is over its little snit.

_____________________________________________________________

No comments: