HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tiit Raid Is Winning Battle! Friends Are Overjoyed -- I Take A Short Sojourn To Taylor County



I am just back from taking a relaxing overnight with old friends, Jerry and Carol Way, but before I get into that, I want to share the e mail I found on my computer when I got here. It is from Ann Raid, Tiit's wife, via Rochester, Miinnesota:

"The bone marrow biopsy results are in and the leukemia is in remission - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will meet with the doctors tomorrow to see if Tiit still needs a spinal tap and what type of consolidation theraphy he will need during the coming year. This is such great news. Thanks to all of you for your support, notes, cards, visits, gifts and thoughts. This may be the happiest day of my life. Ann"

If you have been following this drama as it has unfolded over the past weeks, you know what really good news this is to me personally and to all of us that love Tiit so very much.

I am convinced that it is through the power of his own positive thinking and the help of all the positive love energy that all of us sent his way!

I will write more about Tiit's wondrous recovery later.

This is a photo of Jerry and Carol (waving from porch) Way's new cabin in the woods about 15 miles north of Medford on Mud Lake. They have neighbors, mostly Carol's relatives, but you would never know that anyone lives near them, their location is that secluded.

The whole cabin is heated with my favorite kind of heat, a wood stove, and when I arrived it was very, very cozy and warm.

The roof is tin and late in the day we got some rain and there is nothing more comforting than listening to the rain on a tin roof, sitting near a glowing stove.

I brought the "pizza kit" along and we had pizza for supper before Jerry and I sat around with the guitars and swapped tunes and old "war" stories of our days together as musicians early in our careers.

There are lofts at both ends of the cabin with sleeping accomodations and by 10PM I was ready to call it a day, having impolitely conked out on the couch earlier.

After breakfast, Jerry took me for a tour around the lake in his Jeep Cherokee on logging trails -- going places only a 4 wheel drive vehicle could handle.

I got a chance to meet Carol's brother who pretty much lives off the land up there. He is a very fascinating man, very much in tune with nature and his surroundings, and he shared some of his hunting experiences with us.

Next year, when Kim has time, we will return for another visit because I know Kim will be green with envy when she looks out the front windows of the cabin to the beautiful view of the lake.

My thanks to both Jerry and Carol for extending the invitation and getting me off my dead ass and out into the world! Now I have to run over to the house and check on my pork roast and red cabbage!

_____________________________________________________________

No comments: