HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, March 7, 2008

Old Style Single Bar Face Mask Arrives -- You Want The Truth? You Can't Stand The Truth

Take it from me --sometimes second childhood is a hoot. The Riddell "old school" style single bar face mask arrived last night and after some drilling and re-drilling and blue language I got it attached.

I have been self-analyzing this latest kick of collecting helmets -- I think partially it's because I really wanted to play football in high school but my parents (read "my mom") said I couldn't be in drama and football both as I was needed around the farm for at least some of the time one of those activities would take.

Ultimately I chose drama, but I have always had a little regret that I didn't at least see if I could make it at defensive half back, my favorite position.

Now, excuse me while I go take this silly looking thing off my head.

___________________________________________________________________

While I washed three days of dishes over here, I watched the news for the first time in a long time. political races are getting to be entertaining, finally!

One of Obamas's chief advisors labeled Hillary "a monster", then apologized and quit. This the same day that Hillary hinted in one of her speeches that no matter who wins the nomination for the Democratic party, the other candidate will probably be on the ticket as well.

Timing.

The weather -- my, my, the weather. some older folks will tall ya that the green house effect is a bunch of bullshit -- it's just that we've gone so long without any REAL weather, we've all turned into pussies.

Okay -- I remember similar winters, I guess. But I don't recall such really violent Springs when folks don't know what's coming next -- tornado followed by tons of snow? Golf ball size hail and accompanying ice storms?

Well, it keeps things interesting doesn't it?

And I adore the way the government loves to announce to the sheep: 'OKAY --WE GONNA HAVE A BIG RECESSION NOW. Christ, even if it's true, what's the point of making the point? Here's an idea -- let's not only steal everything we can from the American people, but then we'll announce that there's a recession so we can fire more people and make those who have the remaining jobs scared shitless that they are going to lose their job and will do the work of three people and probably take a pay cut as well.

Now I remember why I don't watch the news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.