HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, March 14, 2008

Football Collection Nearing Finish -- Out of Room In This Little Office


Looks to me like it's time to stop creating NFL football helmets and collecting NFL related items. There is, however, one more helmet I want to do, and that would be a copy of the helmet that Joe Namath wore in Super Bowl III. That may take a while as I am unable to locate the Jets decals at this point in time.

I made a contact with Pro Decals, an eBay seller down in Ocala, Florida, and the owner, David Selecki, has been most helpful and may be able to help me with those decals at a later date. I will also continue to comb eBay listings as there are "pirate" producers of professional football decals out there and from time to time I am able to find what I want.

Note the Baltimore Colts John Unitas helmet on the lower left shelf. I just finished that one two days ago and so far it is the best one I have done.

______________________________________________________________

This morning I received an e mail from Gil Vernon who is my good neighbor down the road. His son, Justin, has recently been making major waves in the indie label music scene and I am just really proud of him! I have watched Justin grow as an artist almost meteorically in the last three years.

He was my producer on the two CD's I put out and he and I just had a great time together recording my stuff. "Kim's Song" was entirely his arrangement and except for my finger style guitar, he played all the other instruments on that cut.

Here is a copy of Gil's e mail:

I don't know if you spend any time on the web but things are really starting to happen for Justin. To make a long story short in the lead up to South By South West in Austin he has had blurbs in Billboard,Variety, The Wall Street Journal, Entertainment Weekly etc ect. The record came out on Feb 19 and it made the billboard top 200 the first week and is still is in the top 50 Independent Albums. On Amazon the sales ranks are: Amazon.com Sales Rank: #59 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)
Popular in these categories: (What's this?)
#5 in Music > Alternative Rock > Indie & Lo-Fi > Indie Rock
#30 in Music > Rock
#48 in Music > Pop

He has been all over NPR. check this out:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88113130
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=87918061 (note he is discussed at about minute 31 and his music is the background for the intro)

AND GET THIS: HE DID THE NPR STAGE LIVE YESTERDAY AT SOUTH BY SOUTH WEST. IT WAS BROADCAST NATIONALLY. THEY ARCHIVED IT. HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88161899

It is about 26 minutes long.

That's your boy!

Gil

_______________________________________________________

2 comments:

flcnhgtspckr said...

i just now bought this bon iver cd. i am really liking it. i might go to the madison, wi show coming up.

flcnhgtspckr said...

correction:

i am going to the madison show. just got tix.