HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cleveland Browns Helmet Finished -- Frank Ryan Jersey On Display


I just finished another helmet project -- this one being a likeness to a Cleveland Browns helmet of the 1960's. I realized upon looking at the photograph that I mounted the two bar face mask at too low of an angle! If it was worn in a game, there is plenty of room to get an elbow in between the top bar and the crown of the helmet! That would smart!

The jersey is from my pal in the Philippines, Harv Harvison, who, as I have told this many times before, manufactures THE BEST recreations of 1960's jerseys anywhere!

#13 belonged to Frank Ryan, a good Irish boy, who in addition to playing quarterback while Jim Brown was the running back and was a part of the 1964 championship team, was an extremely intelligent man who taught mathematics in the mornings before football practice.

I really do enjoy reading up on the players of the 1960's!

1 comment:

Gametime said...

I am looking for a Frank Ryan jersey #13, preferably brown in color. I don't want a replica one -- I would like one with the stitched numbers. Do you have any idea where I can get one?