HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Entertaining Xcel Energy Deep In The Woods



This is the little "4 wheeler" that took me and my equipment (see back of tiny truck) to the main lodge at Cabin Ridge somewhere off Highway X between Chippewa Falls and Cadott.

I was out entertaining electrical engineers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colorado, Texas, and New Mexico, about 40 in all.

First step is loading up the vehicle as we went through about a mile of woods to the lodge. I got there an hour or so before the engineers arrived so that I could be all set up before their arrival.

After a dinner of roast beef, chicken, beans, and vegetables, backed by beers from all over the state but principally Leinenkugels, I did about 45 minutes. The show went reasonably well,.

The engineers came in by horse drawn sleigh (you can see the big draft horses in the background), so while I packed up my gear at the lodge, they were once again loaded on the sleigh for their return trip before the Cabin ridge folk came back to get me (now in the dark) with the little puddle jumper.

another day, another dollar.

______________________________________________________

No comments: