HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Favre Officially Gives Notice


Ever since I read up extensively on Washington Redskin quarterback Billy Kilmer years ago, I have been a Kilmer fan. He was one of hte last of the "old school" players who, log after all the other players went to wearing elaborate face masks, stayed with the single bar, and at times, did not wear a chin strap.

The man was a little crazy and a big hell raiser. so much so that his team mates gave him the nickname "Whiskey". While he played for the Skins, there was quite a QB controversy between Kilmer and Sonny Jurgenson.

Jurgenson was really the main man, but he got injured several times and Kilmer filled in with such penache that the fans became strongly divided as to whom they wanted in there doing the job.

Several years ago, I ordered a jersey through my supplier, Harv Harvison in the Phillipines, and he sent me the jersey you see pictured.

Today, I finished my "replica" of a Kilmer Riddell helmet. I need to order a single bar face mask for it and add it to my football shrine here at the office.

_________________________________________________________

I was able to watch Brett Favre's emotionally charged farewell press conference today on the NFL Channel at 11:30. He almost immediately choked up and really struggled to get through it.

I couldn't help but think that if he were a politician running for office he would be dead in the water. The press wold have had a field day. God knows, they may anyway!

So now it is official and we will all have the rest of the spring and summer to come to grips with it. I am wishing Aaron Rogers all the best. It sure would be great if he could continue what they had going this past season!

_________________________________________________________

No comments: