HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Discovery: No Coffee Before Doctor Makes For Impressive BP Read

I received this image from long standing friend John Buchholz along with this note:

If this doesn't touch you there is something WRONG with you...


I seldom pass along inspirational stuff, but this one got to me.

I believe, in these difficult and mean-spirited times in which we live, there needs to be a message of Hope.

We can all use a single image that speaks to us of love, harmony, peace, and joy.

An image that suggests the universality of us all.

I have been sent that image, and I want to share it with you all. (In case you are old like me and can't read the small print, the sign on the building says: "The Beer Store". Pretty important to the whole concept!)

I spent most of the day working on getting my tax figures together but didn't finish. In fact, I was still at it at 7:30 PM when Kim got home from meeting with (it turns out) one other of the Get-Away-Girls.

I had an appointment with Dr. Woods, my coronary doctor, this morning at nine. He's somewhat concerned that my cholesterol has been inching up the last two years -- no more ice cream. He increased my Simvastin (sp) which should help get it back down in the 60's.

Mostly concerned about plaque buildup in the arteries that were re-constructed in the coronary bypass of 2000. The good news is that there is low incidence of that.

Came home and all I wanted to do was crash as I am being attacked by fibromyalgia big time again today. Absolutely everything hurts. But I thought I better stop here at the office and finish the damn tax work -- which I did.

Now I need to get over to the house and await the repair guy from Gibson Water Care, We have been battling the "rotten egg" smell, caused by bacteria in the lines. About three weeks ago, he solved it in the cold water line, but now it is infecting the hot water line.

This will be a bit more difficult as he will have to crack open the hot water heater and super shock it with a strong dose of chlorine.

Ah, the joys of living in the country!

I just finished a biography of Johnny Unitas -- very well written by Tom Callahan. The book made me really appreciate what a great athlete and quarterback Unitas was. I can't say that I didn't already know that, having watched his entire career unfold, but it was enjoyable to read all the inside stuff about his personality.


______________________________________________________

No comments: