HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Guitar Road Trip down To LaCrosse

Would you buy a used guitar from this man? Before you answer no, you should know that this is Clay Riness, the guy who was mentioned in an earlier blog about my wife's sensitive nose. Clay is the Scottish madman who started chewing on the dog bone biscuits at an after hours party down in Stone City, Iowa.

Now he finally has a real job. He is the consultant in the acoustic guitar department at Dave's Guitar in LaCrosse. I went down there early this morning for two reasons: trade a guitar and buy Clay lunch.

The trip down was uneventful except I was having trouble staying awake at times behind the wheel. I hate that! Even my Norske Nook coffee fortification didn't seem to help.

I enjoyed watching Clay work with customers. He really knows his stuff and is very helpful and thorough with each customer. As soon as I played the Epiphone Elitist Texan (What great title for a guitar model: " Elitist Texan". That beast is extinct if it ever exsisted at all) I knew it was a good guitar and that I would use it more than the one I traded.

For once I got a pretty good deal, I think. I didn't have to pay anything for the Texan -- and they owed me money from my trade so I had the crew put a good quality Baggs I-Beam acoustic pick up in it while Clay and I lunched.

Clay was unable to leave his post, so I fetched from Culver's. He tells me he is bicycling a lot and eating the "right" things. He had a salad. Don't ask what I had.

I drove back, picked up my now assembled book shelves, and spent the rest of the day finishing the cleaning of the rat's nest. Oh, okay -- I played some guitar too!

____________________________________________________

No comments: