HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Nevr-Dull, Mr. Clean

Yesterday while I was polishing all the chrome on the bath room and kitchen fixtures here at the office, I thought this would be an excellent photograph to use on my next CD, providing, of course, that I record nothing that can be considered dull.

On second thought, why leave the door open for the critics? I could go sarcastic and be holding a bottle of "Mr. Clean".

My good friend Gary Spaeth just dropped in for a short surprise visit. We got to talking about friday, August 10th, as he is working the same party as I that day - an anniversary party for Moose Country 106.7 employees. Gary goes on with Jerry Lemke and his little big band (or is it big little band?) at 6PM and he has graciously said he will hang around and work my set with me, also, but not without some sort of compensation as Jerry Lemke is paying Gary out of his own pocket.

Can you believe that corporate radio has no budget for entertainment at their anniversary party. Guess that's why they asked Larry, Jerry, and Gary.

So I am taking Tim "Too Tall" Keilholtz, who is playing bass au gratin for me, and Gary, who will be playing anything with strings on it, to dinner at Jake's across the street from the big gig. I figure as long as we're out, we may as well make an occasion of it and fill up on prime rib.

Come to think of it, John Lynch owes me a prime rib from last time!

I am currently bidding on a John Lynch All Star jersey on eBay. If I win it, I will have to wear it to dinner. Talk about a suck up!

I really love Gary Spaeth a lot -- but he can be a bad influence on the mindless. He is the guy that found, just for me, the '65 Oldsmobile that I had in my possession until I couldn't afford gasoline for it anymore. It was well worth the experience as I got a good song out of it.

In addition to being a great instrumentalist, Gary has a great singing voice and can do a spot-on Elvis. As I mentioned in a blog ages ago, Gary was one of the three amigos that went on the "Eat Like Elvis" tour. We all crashed in one room at Motel 6's to save money for more important things like beer and I always laugh when I think of one of us expelling gas loudly and Gary saying officiously: "LET THE FARTING BEGIN".

I've just been leafing through the book "1003 Great Things About Getting Older" and I'm not so sure I like the tenor of the book. Some entries that chafe:

Adult diapers are actually kind of convenient.
It's easier to find a radio station you enjoy listening to. (I don't get this one .. it's actually impossible for me to find one. the last easy listening station in the valley disappeared!)

On the other hand, live is too short for:

Planting trees
Doing pushups
Raking leaves
Buying the extended warranty.
Changing planes in Chicago
Keeping down those credit card balances
Wrapping it yourself
(or as was the case this week, assembling a book case)
Checking the nutritional information
and for Kim: CLEANING THE BASEMENT

_____________________________________________________

No comments: