HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Cash Cow -- only in Wisconsin

I received this as a (gif) yesterday from Geoff Keezer. Entitled: "A Wisconsin Titty Bar", the original has this Guernsey swaying to an unheard tune. I couldn't figure out how to transfer the active image, but you get the idea. This is an example of Wisconsin humor (unfortunately).

Then, (again unfortunately) I forwarded it to my pal Jay Moore at 106.7FM. He sent an e mail back saying that he shuddered to think where one would have to tuck his dollar bill.

Later a friend of his said obviously this is no "cash cow" and you would need to swipe your credit card. That is as far as I want to take this!!!

_____________________________________________________________

So I stop at the bank to stem the bleeding on the checking account with a transfusion of cash. I pull into a parking space next to an automoble , driver inside staring into space. He has his engine running. He has had his engine running for a long time as witnessed by the growing lake of condensated water under his car which has now overflown it banks and is working its way towards the cash machine.

Does this bother anybody besides me?

We have young Americans in Iraq lying face down on a hardened clay street in Baghdad, with their life's blood forming an overflowing lake, much like the butthead's car above mentioned. And for what purpose? So some guy can sit in his air-conditioned car, waiting for his sweetie to get off work.

Here's an idea, chump. Shut the damn thing down and go sit in the over air-conditioned bank.

Which leads me to my second bone of contention: restaurants and establishments that set their air conditioning on "stun" all summer, wasting valuable resources, and making me freeze to the point that I have to carry a jacket with me in August when I go out to eat.

This week we were in a restaurant where the waitress, even though she was hustling her butt off, had to wear a hooded sweatshirt to keep from getting hypothermia on the job.

we Americans are a self-centered loutish bunch!

______________________________________________________________

No comments: