HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tiresome Man Jokes (Besides George, Dick and Alberto)

In re-reading yesterday's blog, I am so impressed with the intelligence of our soldiers. They said the truth so eloquently. They are obviously very bright young men. I would guess they are wondering how the hell they got into this mess.

I wish I could say I am very proud of all the young men who are currently volunteering for the draft, but I am not.

This war is the worst example of global interference in our entire history and by volunteering you are saying that you agree with the current administration's view of the world. Truly patriotic American youth would certainly not enlist in such an army.

I watch the blitz of military ads on television (particularly during NFL pre-season games): "There's strong -- and there's ARMY strong." I am afraid to even consider what they mean by that.

As in the Viet Nam war (I know -- not supposed to compare the two), the bulk of the soldiers are those who have entered the service as a way of escaping poverty, and no, I can't quote you statistics to prove it, but if it isn't the poor who are volunteering then it is, as tragically, the misinformed that are filling the ranks.

Every young man who is considering joining the military should go online and read The Progressive Daily Beacon (thanks Tom, for the tip) and pay particular attention to the article that tells how our coporatocracy is making millions in Iraq as private contractors while soldiers are making meager pay to possibly be, at best, ambushed and maimed, and then tell me how fast they'd pump some $3.00 a gallon in their used cars to rush out and sign up.

gotta stop -- all it gets me is pissed!

________________________________________________________________

Still raining! Yesterday I overheard a local contractor breaking down cubits into feet for the yard man.

On my way over here this morning, I checked to see if my transplanted chives plants had indeed learned to how swim. Fortunately they are close enough to the office building that they have survived. In point of fact, they are looking fat and healthy for such young 'uns.

This brought back happy memories of Ma's breakfast specialty. I make 'em all the time. To get my mind onto more pleasant avenues, here's the recipe:

Eggs Ala Alice

Ingredients:

6 large eggs
3 strips meaty bacon
1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
salt, black pepper
dash of hot sauce (optional)
pat of butter

Prep: While tending the frying bacon, crack six eggs in a mixing bowl, whip with a fork until foamy, add optional dash of hot sauce, salt, pepper, whip all together. Chop the chives into 1/8th inch dice, add them to egg mixture. Set aside

Fry the bacon slowly, turning it often.
NOTE: It is very important in producing crispy bacon to keep your heat down (under half) and flipping it end for end very often. Cooking bacon is not the kind of cooking that you can leave the stove unattended. It's a full time job if you want it done right.

Set the bacon aside, draining on a paper towel.

When bacon is drained and cooled enough to pick it up, crush it with your hands into the egg mixture. (If you have prepared the bacon correctly, crushing it up is very easy and preferable to chopping it with a knife as the dice is then uneven and has a more attractive appearance.

Drain the bacon fat from the pan, wash and scrub out the pan. Return it to the stove at the same temp as used for bacon. Add the butter, when it is just melted, add the egg mixture and continually scrape egg mixture with a spatula from outside edges to center until eggs are set to your favorite consistency. (I like mine pretty wet, but cooked through). Salt and pepper to taste.

serves two generously with toast

Whew! I've calmed down a bit.

Stumbled upon some "Men" jokes while cleaning files this morning. Just to show how secure I am:

There's a difference between men and government bonds. Government bonds mature.

The difference between a man and a catfish?
One's a bottom feeding scum sucker -- the other is a fish.

"I can do better!" What God said after creating Adam.

The other day I asked my wife if she'd like a "quickie". she said: "As opposed to what?"

Men like to marry virgins because they can't stand criticism.

Went to the fair to the "Believe It or Not" show. They had a man with a penis and a brain!

What do you have when you have two balls in one hand?
A man's undivided attention.

Men are like snowstorms --you never know how much you're gonna get or how long they're gonna last.

I am a man. I am like a laxative. I can irritate the shit out of you!

What do you call the most intelligent man in Wisconsin?
A tourist

No comments: