HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cleaning and Organizing -- The Never Ending Battle

About two weeks ago I spent three days trying to take back my space at the office, throwing unneeded, unused goods out, dusting and scrubbing, slowly capturing more and more territory. By the time I was nearly comfortable with where I was with cleanliness I had decided that from now on I would just maintain by putting things away each time I used them, I discovered an ominous gathering of materials in the back entry way, spreading like a melting ice berg towards the kitchen.

This, coupled with the pile of "stuff" that had gathered next to my desk, put me back to work trying to get things really organized over here.

The first thing I did was go in search of a small two shelf bookcase that would fit snugly under the windows to my right and between the desk and the file cabinet. I knew I had to work with a limited budget as work has been scarce lately, so I went down to the little funiture store on Madison Street. I got there just before 10AM and there was no sign of life, nor was there a sign indicating when and if they would be opening.

Next I remembered that Leath furniture is going out of business up on the hill so rather than drive up there blindly, I got the number and used my cell phone. Leath, in fact, had what I needed for 50 % off! How much is that? A mere $225.00. Yipes! More than just a little rich for my blood. I am thinking used, around $30.

On my wy back to the house, I figure I am going right by Goodwill, so what the hell. I had looked there several weeks ago and they had nothing. This time when I walked in and there it was! the lovely two shelver you see pictured. It was just what I needed and complete with sliding glass doors, I paid $10!

I love that when it happens.

Now I have been back in the cleaning mode again for the past two days and have taken back even more ground. Cleaning out the two drawers of my desk took me an afternoon. How does that happen?

I am exhausted by the day's activities. Tomorrow?

_______________________________________________________

No comments: