HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Blogger's Back -- A Day Late, Dollar Short

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it -- I am in extreme fibromyalgia muscle pain again this morning. Actually it started yesterday when I probably tried to do too much in one day. In addition to running errands (where does the day go?), because Kimmy was out on the town for dinner with "The Getaway Girls", I gave my old drummer friend Bill Rude a call and made us a pepperoni and mushroom pizza here at the office. By the time I finished cleaning up I was starting to hurt pretty bad.

Then this morning I wanted to try to sleep late as I have to drive down to Alma to tape a radio show for Mac Cherry at the Big River Theatre, but I had to get up because it hurt too much to lie in bed. you know there is something wrong when it hurts just to be!

I am doing a bit better right now thanks to pain pills and two cups of strong coffee.

Earlier in the week I was slated to go up to Minocqua, Wisconsin, to do a teachers inservice but they cancelled on me last minute. Rob Way had contacted Liz after receiving an e mail touting my past experience with teacher groups and he spoke very highly of me with Liz.

The cancellation was in no way Rob's fault. He ran it past the superintendent of schools and the super axed it. I would imagine it was the same old story -- lack of funds. Man! That was a gig I needed! I am not used to being out of work for such long periods of time. Why do I want to blame this on George Bush and his cronies? What's that line from the song "Ain't We Got Fun"? "The rich get rich and the poor get poorer." No shit, eh?

How do you like the new tee shirt? I found it on the net and despite having no real money, it's time to run up the debt on plastic! Hell, I'm just following the good example being set by our friends in Washington D.C.. I have never "maxed" out a credit card in my life. Let's hear it for new life experiences.

I have continued on the crusade to reclaim office space from clutter. This is embarrassing, but a couple of days ago I found my little Samsung digital camera that I thought I had lost months ago. It was mixed in with a pile of CD's and other effluvia that had gathered to the right of my desk, prior to my Goodwill book case purchase.

So now I have two.

____________________________________________________

No comments: