HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yes, It's Another Guitar - Why? Because A Guitar Player Can Never Have Too Many

I think I ran a pictue of my newest guitar acquisition some time ago, in its case, where you could not really see it very well -- so here it is naked.

I picked it up used through my musician friend, Clay Riness, of Dave's Guitar in LaCrosse. It has a virgin creamy white adirondack spruce top and butterscotch hued Honduran mahogany back and sides. As part of a trade, I got a Baggs I-beam acoustic pick up installed and I can run it through a small but tasty Crate acoustic amplifier.

I am pretty excited about having it on hand here in time for my son Jonathan's homecoming on Friday, September 14, when he will be joining the band and me on lead guitar from 4:30 - 7PM along with my back up guys who are all terrific players: Dave "Barney" Barneson, Baron of Eleva, on percussion, Tim "Too Tall" Keilholtz on five string bass and amazing range vocals. Wait 'til you hear him do the bass notes on the chorus of "Wood Tick"! That boy can get down there!

There are two Nashville quality pedal steel players I know about -- Gary Spaeth (curse you Jerry Lemke for stealing!) --and Denny Marion, who I am tickled to say actually likes me enough to work with me! I AM NOT WORTHY!

But I somehow got him talked into working that gig as the other lead man across from Jonathan playing just about everything else including dobro (I LOVE DOBRO), 5 sting banjo, and all them strings on that there pedal steel.

I will be doing my best to be a part of the tight rhythm team by listening to Barney and Tim and driving the beat on acoustic guitar.

Then Jon and I will be leaving the electric guitars at home on Sunday. (He'll be puttng the Gretsch Tennessean through its paces Friday.)

I am to do two sets Sunday afternoon and I will put Jon on the Epiphone with that small amp. So if you check us out on Sunday you will get the "unplugged" version of my tunes.

I have a call in to Troy Espe at the Leader-Telegram about possibly doing a "human interest" father/son musical reunion. It is really nice to have Troy in the entertainment position. What's-Her-Face thought she was covering for the New York Tmes.

Oops! I may have just screwed up any newspaper coverage. God, I love being old! Sayin' what ya' think cuz ya' jist don't give a shit.


________________________________________________________________

No comments: