HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Just In from My Father/Brother John

From the caustic and brilliant pen of my brother:

"Something has to be done. In my more humorous or whimsical moments I propose the following scenario: The Republican field is growing stale and infected by George W. So, Fred Thompson waits until Labor Day to make a splashy entrance as the next Ronald Reagan, and wins the Republican nomination. I mean, after all, he has just what America seems to want: steely eyes of resolve, a determined jaw, broad shoulders, a towering physique, an Actor's Equity card, and the studied gift of pretending to be strong.

But stay with me. The scenario continues as follows: The Democrats realize that they need to find someone who can stand up to Fred Thompson. So, after a confusing and lackluster set of primaries they finally turn to, who else: TOMMY LEE JONES! He's the logical choice. Thompson may be a TV star, but Jones is an Academy Award-winning movie star. He eats TV guys for lunch.

There you have it--my contribution to current political theory. Tommy Lee Jones: The next president of the United States."

No comments: