HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, July 27, 2007

Congressman Kind's Reply to my E mail

Dear Lawrence:

Thank you for contacting me about misconduct by the Bush Administration. I appreciate hearing from you on this important subject.

Like you, I am very concerned about transgressions by Administration officials. As you know, President Bush recently commu ted the sentence of Vice President Cheney's former chief-of-staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. Libby was convicted for lying to investigators about the outing of a C.I.A. agent for political purposes. As a former prosecutor, I am very disappointed by the President's decision. I believe that this sends a message to the American people that public officials can violate the law as long as they remain loyal to the president.

Further, I also am concerned by the President's refusal to make administration offic ials available to testify before Congress about the firing of U.S. attorneys. Congress is a coequal branch of government and has a du ty to provide oversight of the A dministration. While the President does have a right to executive privilege in certain si tuations, this privilege does not expand over the entire executive branch. It is my hope that this impasse will be resolved through the judicial process and that any misconduct on the part of the A dministration will be dealt with in a fair and responsible manner.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. If you have any further comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to be in touch. I also encourage you to visit my website, where you can find updated information and signup for my e-newsle tter.

Congressman Ron Kind

________________________________________

So Mr. Kind is "very concerned". I suggest he get more than very concerned. How about madder than hell? Otherwise, come elections '08, I think Mr. Kind should become very concerned about whether he gets re-elected or not.

No comments: