HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, July 16, 2007

A Pilgrimage To Sacred Ground

Before the lovely Ms Kim and I left Titletown last Friday morning, we had to pay homage at the Holy Land of Lambeau Field. We did something that I ordinarily rebel against, organized tours, and joined a small group of fellow pilgrims for a comprehensive look at the edifice.

The whole concept is stunningly executed and Wisconsin folk should be rightfully proud of this sacred place. At one point we got a chance to visit the executive box suites, getting a look at the lifestyle of the rich and famous, then were led out to the general seating to observe the new turf which is almost completely installed.

It is a combination of real grass and synthetic fibers that are set about quarter inch shorter than the real grass so that mowers can be used.

Green Bay is the fourth NFL franchise to install this new type of turf so this fall and winter there should be no more mud slides between the hash marks and with a brand new underground heating system it is no longer going to be the "frozen tundra" but something tells me the expression will live on.

I have to admit that my pulse quickened as we gazed down on the playing surface. I am taking my pal Jay Moore to Mecca on November 18 for the Packer/Panther game as he is a big Carolina fan and has never been to Lambeau.

Every man, woman, and child in America should experience Lambeau at least once in their life time.

I have a feeling that this may be Brett's final season so I would really like to take Kim over for a game as well.

No comments: