HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Love the Small Town Ways

Postal zoning is weird. I llive less than two miles from the Oakwood Mall, or as my deceased best friend Gerald used to call it: "Larry Land" (I guess because he felt I am Mr Consumer.)
Yet I have a Fall Creek address and my home post office is down in the really cool little town of Fall Creek, just off the main drag.

I have, through numerous trips to pick up over sized packages, gotten to know the staff a bit. My main mail delivery guy is Steve and I really like him! He is very down to earth and he will go out of his way to make certain I have my latest mail.

Shirley (pictured helping a gal who is picking up papers to apply for a job as a rural carrier) is a delight to spend time with. I like the small town "real America" feel of the Fall Creek Post Office.

Once, during my collecting Harmony guitar phase, I got a call from Shirly explaining that I had a rather bulky package that I should come and pick up. I ended up openng the box, showing the entire crew my latest treasure and then being invited to come back behind the counter for a short impromptu concert while they sorted mail.

What a hoot! Not something I would find myself involved in even at the Eau Claire Post Office. Being a farm boy at heart, and hooking up with a small town for my mail has been delightful. Shirley always has a smile and she knows how to dish it out as well as well as take it in the good natured teasing department.

_______________________________________________

No comments: