HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Paw Prints - a great place to do business

This is Sue, owner and proprietor of Paw Prints, Custom Screen Printing and Embroidery, Bloomer, Wisconsin.

Not only is she a very talented artesan, but she has a great deal of creativity and imagination, added bonuses for those of us that want to make a very special T shirt for a very special someone, or a run of 500 T's in different sizes for public consumption.

We stopped up at her shop, hidden away behind a large brick building that I am told used to be the Bloomer Brewery, near the Transport Bar (which by the way, appears to be for sale.)

That both a brewery and a tavern have closed down in Bloomer, Wisconsin, astounds me. I know of what I speak for I worked in a downtown Bloomer tavern that had live music on weekends. I remember the at-the-time Superintendent of Schools of Blooomer coming up to the band stand after our opening tune and telling us to: "turn that shit down!"

I've always had a special place in my heart for Bloomer since then.

But I digress.

Sue gives me a new attitude about driving into town. She is bright, engaging, has a great sense of humor and she thinks I'm funny, giving credence to her sense of humor.

Sue runs a laid back business. You feel at home as soon as you walk in the door and like me, she loves to tell stories. I tell you what. She's good at that too. Having lived in the area as long as she has, you'd better believe she's got some stories to tell. I might have to just sit down with a note pad and co-write a book about Sue -could call it "I Did It" or "I Inhaled" --

So if you want something screen printed or embroidered, take it to Paw Prints, 1526 Martin Road, Bloomin'-Bloomer. (715) 568-1911 or e mail: pawscren@bloomer.net.

No comments: