HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another CD A Possibility

Don't look now, but there's a good chance that there will be anothr CD out by Christmas of this year. At least that's what I'm aiming toward.

I really did not have any plans to put out another CD for several reasons.

The motorcycle accident of two summers ago really knocked the creative stuffings out of me. I was starting to panic about it until about a month ago when I read about Roy Orbison's plight at one point in his life. He was in the processing of reconciling with his wife, Claudette, when she was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident.

Four months later, he lost both his children to a house fire. He said that he was unable to write for over two years after these events.

Now, I am certainly not equating that much heartache and mental pain to my own travail, but it did give me an insight as to why I have been so creatively barren for so long. Even six months ago, I was in a panic mode, thinking I would never put pen to paper again.

But recently, things are starting to get in gear in my head. I have written the Jesus In My Tortillas tune, and just a couple of days ago, I sat down and within an hour I had another novelty song written and ready to hone. The question now is, are either of these good enough to record?

In addition, I had written some songs before the accident including "The Dubbya Doo Wop", a tongue in check love song for our fearless leader, and a very introspective "I've Always Lived It From My Heart".

I also penned "The World's Worst Country Song" while I was still working with the band and I do want to record "That Carolina Sweet Talkin' Man" (my salute to that crazy Irishman, Jay Moore) with bluegrass musicans.

The impetus to record is really Mike Vlahakis' willingness to let me pay for studio time as I am able, coupled with his enthusiasm for the project.

He had been going back over my first album, recorded on vinyl, "Time and Space" and wants to re-record several of the songs from that album, giving them new life. These would include "Get Off My Highway", Summer Sale, and possibly "Between St. Peter and St. Paul".

So I am targeting September as the starting to record date. I don't really want to start before Kim has to go back to the class room as we are enjoying our summer together.


_____________________________________________________

No comments: