HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, July 30, 2007

Clean today, gone tomorrow

I spent all day, and I mean ALL DAY cleaning my way back to a somewhat normal living condition here at the office and I decided I was so damn proud of myself that I needed to show the world. Take a good look because it is just a matter of days and it will once again take on the characteristics of the inner city.
As you can see, this is a

manly dwelling as Kim wanted nothing to do with the decoration of this facility. It really has afforded me an opportunity to start collections of things that I really enjoy studying. Today I went out and bought a two shelf book case because, believe it or not, my collection of hard and soft covers need to be secured and displayed.
During the school year when Kim has to be up early my daily routine is to use the bath room over here, decide what will be for supper, get the grocery shoppng done and while I am cooking slowly throughout the day I am catching up on my computer tasks and hopefully retiring to the "music room" and working a bit on songs throughout the day.

I have found that having a place like this to go makes a lot of difference in the creative processes and I have written most of my tunes here.

That is not to say that the muse can't jump you any time, anywhere, as The wood Tick Song begn with my sitting bolt upright in our bed at the house at 3 AM with the line: "ticks are like men at a singles dance .. give 'em half a chance, they'll get in your pants" in my head and making a beeline for the kitchen and paper and a pencil.

The office has served as refuge for some of my make friends who were going through some pretty rough times and just needed a place to crash.

My two sons enjoy staying here at the office when they come to visit and guitarist Trevor LaBonte became a permanent house guest for about four months before dropping out of school and auditioning for and getting my son Jonathan's soon to be vacant position with the Barnum Circus.

Trevor went on to become lead guitar player for Texas songwriter Gary P. Nunn and had the dubious distinction of playing at one of George W's many inaugural balls this past election (and I use the term election loosely).

Just looking at these pictures brings back fond memories of "Boys Nite Inn" pizza parties with a whole office full of local musicians, pigging out.

Once I even tried putting anchovies on a pie but it didn't even slow them down!

These last two pictures are of an office room that I hadn't been able to establish beach head on until this very day. Looks pretty inviting now. Any bets as to how long I can keep it that way? Kim always tells me that if I would just put thngs away as I use them, this wouldn't happen! Why can't I learn that???
Okay. that's it. I am exhausted. And tomorrow is another day. I still have the back hall to tackle in the morning!

No comments: