HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Great Birthday - Thanks To Great People



Here is a photograph of my very first completed sale on eBay. It's a 1950's Harmony arch top guitar that I put up for sale with a "buy it now" option on April 10, 2008. Talk about beginner's luck! One half hour later, it sold to Carl Cavuoto of Rochester, New York, who, it turns out, collects this very model of Harmony guitars -- he has six! And he told me that he is very pleased and satisfied -- that this one is "by far the best" of his collection.

So I am in a celebratory mood today! and looking for other things I can sell! However, I am thinking I want to start selling things that aren't so bulky. It's difficult to find card board boxes big enough and strong enough to accommodate a guitar and case. that's why I am hoping that the re-furbished football helmets I am offering will sell as they will be much easier to ship.

This morning I called Riddell, the famous football helmet manufacturer, and ordered two large yellow helmets which I am going to make into Green Bay Packer helmets for my own private collection. I already have one made up as a "Brett Favre" helmet and the two that I have ordered will become a Ray Nitschke and a Bart Starr.

_______________________________________________________________

I had an absolutely wonderful birthday yesterday. The sun actually came out and the temperatures got above 60 degrees. My good friend Judy Willink bought me breakfast at 7 AM, then I met with my manager Liz Fischer and her friend Sharon Lowry for lunch.

Liz presented me with her "old" HP computer tower for my birthday -- as she knew I wanted it to use just as a game computer. I spent the afternoon getting it hooked up to a brand new 19 inch Samsung wide screen monitor and then plugged in my Microsoft WWII Europe Series Combat Flight Simulator that was given to me back in September when I helped my pal "Blinky" move back from New York -- and shot down Nazi pilots the rest of the afternoon!

I shot so many down, in fact, that today I have a very sore right fore arm -- working on a case of carpal tunnel.

I used to have that game for years, but gave it away to a young friend of mine that I really admire.
I crashed and got shot down a lot!

Finished my birthday up with pizza at Sammy's with Kim -- sausage and mushroom --my favorite! Kimmy showered me with wonderful birthday cards all day. And I want to thank all the kind friends who sent me greetings by mail. I guess there is an advantage to having your birthday fall on tax day. everybody remembers it more easily!

______________________________________________________________

Kim sent me the following and I think it deserves sharing:


As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that
wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You
will have your heart broken probably more than once and
it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so
remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight
with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things
an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast,
and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too
many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never
been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset
is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be
afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.


And to that, I say AMEN!

___________________________________________________

No comments: