HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

All's Well When My End's Well!


For those of you who have not undergone the "prep" of getting ready for a colonoscopy, be warned! It is like a chinese water torture. You are given a rather foul tasting powder which you must thoroughly mix with a gallon of water (that's 32 cups!) and then gulp it all down with in three hours and dedicate the rest of your day to sitting on the toilet and spewing it out the other end until your entire colon is totally clean and the passed water runs clear.

There is no solid food for the 24 hours preceding the procedure and I think all I had was one cup of warm chicken broth. Since they give you an IV introduced drug just before the procedure so that you are unaware of what is happening, you must have a designated driver drop you off and pick you up after wards.

My thanks to Ron Keezer for being the man today.

I don't remember hardly anything at all while the actual colonoscopy wasa being administered but afterwards I seemed to remember some "bad dream" discomfort.

The results of the test? Good report --some diverticulitis -- but I've had that all the while -- I remember the last time I had the procedure the doctor told me I had the bowel of a seventy year old -- and I said" "Well who is he and how did it get in my body? I don't sleep that well!"

No polyps -- no cancer -- and I can stop worrying for now. All's well when my end's well.

____________________________________________________

If you are wondering why I took the photo I listed today, it's because wile I was typing away, movement caught my eye out of the window to my right -- and there he was -- a big old wild turkey -- making his way towards Hobbs Road. By the time I could get my camera out, he had proceeded past the large tree on the right where the snow is left from plowing. If you look really hard, you might be able to see him. Ah, the joys of a telephoto lens!

Well, this is it for today. Still goofy from the medication and I am going to head for the house and a nap.

No comments: