HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Death And Taxes And Continual Money Drains

Today, on eBay, I won this Spalding Titanite football helmet for the amazing low price of $9.99! It harkens back to the days of the Heagle brothers playing tackle football in the back yard. I never thought that my bid would hold up but I am glad, just from a point of nostalgia, that it did. I don't know if I will leave it untouched or if I will transform it into an early Kansas City Chiefs helmet. That decision will be made after it arrives here. Is that a wondrous strange face mask or what???

What I am tempted to do is to put a defensive lineman's Dungard mask on it -- but after checking the price of the Dungard masks, maybe not!

At any rate, if I do make it into a KC helmet, it will be in the style of the helmets the Chiefs wore in their loss to the Packers in Super Bowl I. Remember Willie Lanier? Oops -- we're back into those expensive Dungard masks again!

Whatever I decide to do with it, there are three things I find very attractive about it. It is quite old, it is in very good shape for its age, and it is very different from the rest of my collection.

______________________________________________________


We got that call which when discovered on the answer machine can set the blood running cold: "Your taxes are ready". So we drove out to H&R Block to pick them up -- prepared by my cousin-in-law Chuck Wysocky, workaholic detective with the Altoona Police Department who moonlights as a tax prep man.

Because we are family we get our taxes prepared for free. My kind of price!

As usual, Kim gets a pretty handsome refund and I get nothing as again this year I operated at a loss. In fact, I made over a thousand dollars less this year than last year -- thanks George W.!

_______________________________________________________

Speaking of money -- gotta stop blogging and start writing those "beginning of the month" bills.

No comments: