HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blogging From The Road

This is my first blog from the road. I am ensconsced at the AmericInn, Merrill, Wisconsin, after having set up my gear for a show at the Club 64 wich is located (where else) on Highway 64 south of Merrill itself.

While I was setting up, Kathy, the wife and half owner tells me a blood chilling tale.

As I pulled up, I notice a black Cadillac Escadrille, the only car in the front lot, and I think to myself, "Wow! The owners of this club must be doing well!"

Later while I am setting up Kathy explains that the woman who was driving that car had come into the club to meet some man she met on the internet TWO DAYS AGO and the car has been sitting there, unlocked, with her jacket on the seat, ever since.

Kathy called the police today. She didn't recognize either the man or the woman involved.

Pretty damn frightening.

The Merrill Optimists have sold out the show for tonight! 200 folks. Should be a good time! Tomorrow morning I head for Minocqua and a middle school teachers inservice in the early afternoon.

I will try to write some more about tonight's show when I get back!

____________________________________________

No comments: