HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DEAR MR. OBAMA: GET OUR TROOPS OUT OF AFGHANISTAN

Today is Veteran's Day, a day to say thank you to all who have served and to write to the president (as I am going to as soon as I finish this) and tell him to get the hell out of Afghanistan. Maybe Mr. Obama needs to sit down with the Russians and learn a few facts.

Yes, I know - Bin Laden - yada yada - but what we are attempting in Afghanistan is doing nothing to get us closer to killing or capturing him. All we are doing is losing our youth for absolutely no good purpose. Oh, and almost every day you can read about how a Predator killed innocent Afghanis. It is very disheartening and America is performing criminal acts in the name of justice.

There - I said it!

_______________________________________________

The former governor of Alaska is at it again:

This must sting a bit. Sarah Palin's newest conspiracy theory on the "disturbing" redesign of U.S. coins was too much, even for Fox News -- on Tuesday night, Fox fact-checked Palin.

Last Friday, while speaking at a Wisconsin Right to Life fundraising banquet -- attendees were barred from bringing cell phones, cameras, laptops -- Palin rolled out the latest: an anti-Christian conspiracy in the redesign of U.S. coins. Palin waded into the subject by remarking that there had been a lot of "change" of late -- for example, the redesign of U.S. currency which moved the once-centered text "In God We Trust" to the edge of coins.

"Who calls a shot like that?" Palin demanded on Friday. "Who makes a decision like that?"

As Fox News anchor Bret Baier noted: President Bush, that's who.

Baier quoted from Politico's write up on the banquet which commented on the not-so-hidden subtext of Palin's speech: "Unsaid but implied was that the new Democratic White House was behind such a move to secularize the nation's currency." Baier added: "In actuality the coin's design was commissioned in 2005, when Republicans controlled congress, and then was approved by then President Bush.
"

DOH!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know I've written about this before, but it's still stuck in my craw. I have always held Green Bay Packer fans that actually livein Green Bay in esteem as the best fans in the world.

A couple of weeks before the Packer/Viking game in Green Bay Kim and I were sitting in the waiting to be seated area at Perkins (our usual sunday habit). A lady about my age and her husband joined us on the bench and we sturck up a conversation.

When I found out that they were from Green Bay, in Eau Claire visiting her daughter, the subject of Brett Favre came up. I was totally taken by surprise at the virulent hate she has for Mr. Favre because "he is a traitor".

As the scheduled sunday approached I began wondering how the fans at Lambeau would react to Brett upon his entrance on the playing field. A couple of days before the game I found an on-line poll that was being taken by the Milwaukee Journal: The question - How will you react to Favre at Lambeau A. Cheer B. Boo C. Not Sure. I took a look at the poll and the boo'ers were at abut 83 %. I was shocked! But then I tried to rationalize it by telling myself that these voters were probably not actual Green Bay people but fans from other parts of the state.

If you watched the game you heard how he was treated. This for a guy who not only took us to two Super Bowls, but provided us with 16 years of the most exciting Packer football since the Lombardi era.

So every sunday now, Brett moves closer to getting back to the Big Show. I hate the Vikings. I hate the fact that Brett now wears purple. But I still love Brett the player. He is THE MAN! I sincerely hope he finishes his career with another ring.

The Packer fans hatred is misdirected. Put the blame where it belongs. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have to go!

There! I said it!

_____________________________________________________________

1 comment:

flcnhgtspckr said...

I feel the same way. I like Brett.