HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, November 16, 2009

THE CORRECT WAY TO FEED BARN CATS!

I had to really smile broadly when I received this photo by e mail today from Patty Wieseler. Anybody raised on a Wisconsin dairy farm is familiar with the practice of feeding the "barn cats" with the "teat" method.

When I was a kid we always "stripped" the last bit of milk from each cow by hand after the milking machine had been removed. that's when the barn cats would gather in hopes of direct fire from a holstein. It was really WAY COOL!

_______________________________________________________________

I did my research for the correct face mask to attach to my Packer helmet which will be autographed by Jim Carter in early December. I ordered it through "Real Stuff", an online resource for collectors who want authentic retro helmets. When the "cage" arrives, I will publish some photos of the helmet and mask.

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: