HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, May 7, 2007

Catching Up!

I have been remiss in keeping this particular blog up to date. A lot of things have happened since I last posted here. So here goes!
first of all, "travelins" is my blogger name here because it is the same name I use on The Harmony Forum, a great place for Harmony guitar collectors and afficiandos to gather to discuss the assets of the now-defunct, formerly Chicago, Illinois, based Harmony Guitar Company. the Harmony name is now applied to guitars that are produced overseas. they are, in my opinion, very inferior to the original Harmonys.

I have a regular web site at www.larryheagle.com which I am excited to say, is currently undergoing a facelift and should be completed by the end of this week. I intend to switch my blogging over to that site as I have a blog page being set up there.

I am also blogging on MySpace where I set up a site just this past week. You can view that at www.myspace.com/boondocklooney. (Leave it to me to find something fun (like blogging) and then go overboard!)

Since I originally set up THIS particular blog to talk about my quest for Harmony guitars, my current situation there is that I located and purchased a Harmony Sovereign Jumbo 1260 dreadnought (which was built in the Fall of 1959) in good condition through eBay from a party down in Texas and have been unable to put it down since it arrived. It has reignited the fire in playing guitar and is a great sounding instrument!

In addition, I located a Silvertone dreadnought, the same instrument as my Harmony Sovereign, but jobbed out through Sears-Roebuck, from Golden Age Vintage Instruments in New Jersey and I am currently awaiting its arrival. It looks to be in very good condition and is somewhat unique in that it has a tobacco sunburst finished top.

So I guess what I am going to do is to relegate this blog site to my addiction: collecting Harmony 1260's. If you want to find out more about me, please go to my original website at www.larryheagle.com!

If you should happen to stumble upon this blog, and you knowe where I can get any Airline, Fender 1060's, or Regal guitars that are really Harmony Sovereign 1260's that were sold by another jobber, please write me at: lheagle@larryheagle.com.

If you are a "Harmony nut" like me and would care to make contributions on this blog, please do so as you are welcome!

No comments: