HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, May 28, 2007

More "Things Learned"

Some time ago, my friend Robert Johnson sent me some "truisms", (things that we have learned thoughout life that stand as true) and this morning my wife Kim stumbled upon a book we have had for years called "Live and Learn and Pass It On" by H. Jackson Brown, Jr..

I want to share some of these with you, even though I haven't asked Mr. Brown's permission. Perhaps one day I will have to write: "I have learned not to plagarize other people's writings", or "I've learned that you should always get permission to use the printed word", or "I have learned that there is a prison sentence for plagarism and Bubba is not a very nice room mate!"

Anyway, here goes:

Deciding whom you marry is the most important decision you'll ever make.

When you remodel, everything costs twice as much and takes twice as long as you think it will.

A patrol car behind me always makes me nervous.

You can get by on charm for about 15 minutes. After that, you had better know something.

No one has a clue about what the stock market is going to do.

Couples without children always know just how you should raise yours.

Getting fired can be the best thing that can happen to you.

No quality product sells for a cheap price.

You shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do, but to the best you can do.

Courage is being frightened to death of doing something, and then doing it.

Whenever you take a fishing trip, the guy at the bait shop always says: "Gee, you should have been here yesterday!"

If chewing gum is dropped on the sidewalk within the past 48 hours, my shoes will find it.

At least once in his life, a man makes a fool of himself over a woman.

Marrying for money is the hardest way of getting it.

anticipation is often better than the real thing.

It's better to be married to someone with a good nature than a good physique.

Children and grandparents are natural allies.

Even if you schedule a doctor's appointment at 8 AM, you still have to wait an hour.

Note: There are lots more! I will share them from time to time (unless I am told to "cease and desist"). I know that we can garner many more on our own, so if you have a gem of truth that should be shared, write to me!

No comments: