HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, May 25, 2007

Open Letter To My House Rep

Mr. Kind:

I cannot begin to tell you the despair I feel today knowing that only 140 House Democrats voted against giving Herr Bush a blank check to continue his criminal war through the Summer. We elected you with a clear mandate to lead us out of the chaos of Iraq and you crumbled when we needed you to fight.

It is tempting just to throw my hands up and walk away (as you obviously have). but it is also acutely clear that there IS no one else who will fight this fight. Either we, the electorate, do it, or no one does.

This is indeed a dark moment, but there are hopeful signs that point the way ahead. In the Senate, Democratic presidential candidates Dodd, Obama, and Clinton stood firm aginst this weak bill and voted 'no'. In the House they were joined by 140 Democrats. How very embarrassing it is to me that you were not one of them.

Well, you are the one that will live with that on his conscience and I am the one who will make certain that you no longer have my support come election time.

No comments: