HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday, May 13, 2007


Adrenaline Junkie Says Thanks!
Current mood: high
Category: very grateful Jobs, Work, Careers

It's 3:09 in the morning and I should be in bed, but I am back from doing a night of comedy to a packed house at the Coral Bowling Lanes in Rothschild, Wisconsin, next door neighbor to Wausau, and the adrenaline, natural drug of the Gods, is pumping through my veins and I am really high! Damn! I had a good time! Know why? the audience had a good time, too.

I sometimes wonder if people realize how important their attitudes are to a live performer. It really can be likened to making love: the more you give, the more you get. The set went by in a flash.

It was so nice to see famiiar faces from shows I did back in the '90's at the Parlor Car, the Midway Motor Lodge, and even the Mead Inn down in Rapids. To all the folks who showed tonight and made it a success: THANK YOU! You guys guaranteed me a return spot down the road!

On the drive home, I stopped at a truck stop outside Abbotsford to grab a cup of Jo and some breakfast and visited with two policemen from Abbotsford/Colby. When I told them I was a comedian they didn't believe me so I went and got the guitar and did The Vasectomy and Wood Tick Song for the lawmen.

As I finished driving home it occured to me that I really love my work (if you can call it that) and that I need to be doing a lot more of it than I am as I ain't gettin' any younger!

Deep down I feel that there are a lot of good things coming my way career-wise. I just have to keep my eye on the ball!

Oh. And Happy Mother's Day! I sure miss mine today.

Currently reading :
Flyboys: A True Story of Courage
By James Bradley
Release date: By 30 September, 2003

No comments: