HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Heagle and Moore Recommend Prine and Wiseman


NO, the guys pictured are not John Prine and Max Wiseman, but being a staunch John Prine fan, This past week I stumbled upon a new CD entitled "Standard Songs for Ordinary People" on which Prine shares the vocals with country legend Mac Wiseman. I am a huge fan of John Prine. Jay Moore has proclaimed the accolades of Mac Wiseman for years so I ordered the CD through Amazon.com and boys and girls if you have a genuine love and respect for the old days of country music, back when country writers were "keepin' it real", this is a must have for your collection.

Let me put it another way. If you listen to Moose Country and you enjoy the witty and loquacious style of Jay Moore and the tunes he spins on his show, you have to have it. If you think WAXX is really hip country, you may as well keep your wallet in your, well, "hip" pocket.

At any rate, I LOVE IT. I have been playing it incessantly since I got it and I am still not tired of it. Get a load of the songs: "When the Blue of the NIght", "old Rugged Cross". "Just The Other side of Nowhere", "In the Garden", "The Blue Side of Lonesome". "the Death of Flyod Collins". "Old Cape Cod" (!!??), "Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine". "Saginaw, Michigan", Pistol Packin' Mama". "I Love You Because", "I Forgot To Remember To Forget". "Don't Be Ashamed of Your Age" (Jay Moore and Larry Heagle's theme song), and "Blue Eyed Elaine". Absolutely wonderful! Golden!

No comments: