HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Two Wild and Crazy Irish Guys

My pal, Jay Moore, born and raised in North Carolina, (a humble valley between two arrogant mountains) has spent most of his adult life doing DJ work all over the country. We have a mutual admiration society, but I know better than to talk politics with him as he is diametrically opposed to most of my beliefs, but we are living proof that Americans should be able to be friends even though they don't always agree.

He has really gone out of his way to assist my career by playing "The Wood Tick Song" starting April Fool's Day through Labor Day. He called me early one morning to tell me that he had just finished playing the song when he got a call from an over the road trucker out on Interstate 94 who said: "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???"

Just to let him know I appreciate all he has done to further my career in the area, I am taking him to the Packer/Carolina game on November 18, 2007, in Green Bay, as he has never been to the hallowed grounds of the frozen tundra. He is a huge Carolina Panther fan so it should be fun. We will be heading over to the Appleton area on Saturday for our lodging as it is impossible to get lodging in Green Bay on game weekends.

I also want to mention that you can catch Jay Moore's morning show (6AM -10AM) at 106.7 on your radio dial and if you live out of the area, you can pick up the broadcast by computer. I am not entirely certain HOW, but I would suspect that if you type WATQ Moose Country 106.7 in your favorite search engine, that would be the first step.

Today's blog bonus: (don't read any further if you are a "Faith Based Christian")

A Mother's Day Story?

I ended up with a nice woman at a club last night. She looked pretty good
for a 62-year-old. We drank a bit, and a had a bit of a dance and she
asked if I'd ever had a Sportsman's Double.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a mother and daughter threesome," she said.

I said, "No."

We drank a bit more, then she says that tonight was my lucky night.

I went back to her place.

She put on the hall light and shouted upstairs: "Mom, you still awake?"









You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans.
George Carlin

No comments: