HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Building My Harmony Arsenal

So yesterday I got a call from Gordy (my luthier friend) and he told me he wouldn't be able to get at the neck set on the Harmony Sovereign 12-string until sometime during the first week in April so I went right over and brought it back home with me. I was missing that guitar anyway!

I did find someD'Addario EJ37's (medium/heavy) to put on the guitar, tuned her down to a C tuning and WOW! I am having some fun now!

Touble is, now I have Harmony Sovereign fever and I have been trying to locate a 1260 for the last week or so. I courted one down in Chicago through Craigslist, but wasn't up to the one way five hour drive to check out a guitar that "has some small cracks near the sound hole, holes drilled near the sound hole where a pick up must have been installed, some bubbling in the finish on the back, and is in serious need of the ubiqutous neck set". I passed and instead have been surfing the net daily and located one in Navarro, California. It should be here by the end of next week.

Now Gordy has two guitars that need neck sets!

No comments: