HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Harmony Guitar Collection Now Officially Gone

Today I bade farewell to the last of my Harmony guitar collection that I had hoped to keep and pass on. I really didn't want to let this one go as it is a Harmony Sovereign that was made for the Sears-Roebuck Company catalog and so the headstock carries the Sears "Silvertone" logo. That coupled with the "tobacco" sunburst makes the guitar really a bit more special as they are more difficult to locate.

I put it on eBay in the "Buy It Now" category only, and after about four days, I packed it for shipping because I knew from the response I was getting (172 hits! and 6 questions) that it was just a matter of time before it sold.

Hopefully it is going to a good home down near Chicago.

Tomorrow morning I go down to LaCrosse to the Mecca of Guitars -- Dave's Guitar -- I am picking up a Seagull 12 string guitar to keep my big old Harmony 12 (oops -- forgot! I still have that one and I am NOT selling it!!! -- I had store credit of $121 and for $84 more I am adding the Seagull to my diminishing collection.

What I am really hoping is that it will give me a creative kick in the ass to have a new instrument around.

See the guitar strap in the photo? One of the ebay questions was do they get the strap? Now I am glad I said no. I will need it for the Seagull.

Can you believe that June is nearly gone!!?

And I still don't have a fishing license. Just found oout that senior citizens license is only $7.00. I promise you I am going fishing/camping on the Jump early in July. There will be photos to prove it!

________________________________________________________________

No comments: