HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Whatever Happened To Sportsmanship In NFL? Not In Minnesota Or New England


An NFL Sunday Observation: The Vikings are beating the snot out of the Lions. I don't remember what the score was at this point, but they had the game out of reach and are setting up for a suppposed field goal. the snap goes to the holder who pitches it to the crossing tight end, who scores a touchdown and rubs it in.

So what's up? Baldy Childress is now doing his best impersonation of Bellichek? Run up the score. Bullshit call! Somday I hope the Lions shove that down your throat or right up your ying yang!

And here is my photo of our illustrious defensive back, Atari Bigby. He is the "scape-gopher" (beaver?) for the week!

_________________________________________________________

A coupla blogs back I vented about my problems with Directv. I guess they finally got the message from my ranting and raving. I got a call tonight (Sunday) around 8PM from a Directv rep who was very apologetic and said that he was assigning a local troublshooter (Premiere) to come out this coming Saturday between noon and 4PM to run some tests and replace the receiver if necessary.

The old saw about the squeaky wheel getting the grease is obviously true. But I am still skeptical. I will report further later on.

Here's the kicker: Directv will not have me charged for this first trip (out of kindness, I suppose), but subsequent trips will be SEVENTY DOLLARS a pop! Unless of course I want to be put on their "mantenance/insurance" plan at $5.99 a month.

You gotta love a company that has so little faith in their product that they use fear as a motivating factor to squeeze your wallet just a little bit harder.

It reminds me of that line in the National Lampoon movie "Vacation" when Chevy Chase (Griswold) asks the garage mechanic out in the middle of nowhere how much it is going to cost to repair the family truckster and the redneck shows this toothless grin and says: "How much you got?"

No comments: