HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Finished Holiday Gigs -- Successfully, Mostly

It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan. It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan. It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan. It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan. It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan. It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan. It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan.

I watched the Bears and the Vikings fumble and bumble their way though four quarters of mediocre football last night and I would like to say it yet again: It's good to be a Green Bay Packer fan.

From the Metrodome response (with the help of strategically placed huge rock and roll speakers along the side line that pipe in taped crowd noise), you'd think that the Vikings are on their way to the Super bowl.

I think some of those poor misguided unfortunates believe they really are.

More and more I have been picturing a grand finish to this NFL season where Dallas loses one of their remaining games, probably to their most vociferous rival, the Washington Redskins, and the Packers run the table, bringing the Cowboys to the frozen tundra on January 13, just in time for a new millenium replay of the ice bowl.

It could happen. It has been that kind of miraculous season.

And then it would be on to the Super Bowl against Bully Billicheck and his Patriots. If we could gain revenge for our last appearance and loss back in 1998, I could take to my death bed a very happy man.

Congratulations to Brett Favre for breakng yeat another National football League record last sunday against the St. Louis Rams. the slant pass to Donald Driver put him past Dan Marino's previous record of most yards gained through the air.

______________________________________________________

I am really running on empty today and it is all my own fault.

Sunday night I played an employee Christmas party at the Ramada Inn, Hayward. It had been a great weekend of work up to that point with very responsive audiences both friday and saturday night, but sunday night's crowd made me earn every penny. They were really a strange crowd to play to!

In addition, while my car was unattended, one of them removed my "George Bush is a war criminal" sticker from the back of my vehicle.

It's not like I expected to be asked to join them for dinner, but usually that gesture is made. This night it wasn't. So I put in an order for a small pizza to go from "Coop's", and then packed my gear.

Now, whether it was my state of mind from audience response, or the lack of courtesy shown, or my being focused on picking up supper, or (heaven forbid!) my age, I drove all the way back here to the office, opened the back of the car to get my guitar -- and IT WAS NOT THERE.

I made a hurried call and first they said it wasn't there, which of course got me to sweating bullets. I told the operator to go look again and exactly where I had left it.

I waited on the line for five minutes or more. She never came back.

So I called the number agin.

Oh, yes, they had found it.

so bright and early yesterday, I was in my car, wending my way back to Hayward to retrieve the guitar. It has been quite a while since I have pulled that stunt!

No comments: